- Up to 3 Months : Germany, Argentina, Australia, Bahamas, Bahrain, Barbados, Belgium, Belize, United Arab Emirates, Denmark, Morocco, Fiji, Finland, France, Granada, Holland, Iran, Switzerland, Iceland, Jamaica,Japan, Canada, Qatar, Kenya, Kuwait, Turkish Republic of Northem Cyprus, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg,Malaysia, Malta, Mauritius, Monaco, Norway, Oman, St. Lucia,San Marino, Seychelles, Singapore, Saudi Arabia, Chile, Trinidad-Tobago, Tunisia, Vatican City, New Zealand, Greece, Ecuador, Sweden, Israel, Brazil, South Korea.
- Up to 2 Months : The Republic of Croatia, The Republic of Slovenia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Romania, Macedonia, Indonesia,
- Up to 1 Month : Bolivia, Kazakhestan, Kyrgyzstan, The Republic of South Africa.
For the countries mentioned above and Bulgaria, a transit visa is not required.
Nationals of the following countries require a visa:
- U.S.A., Austria,United Kingdom,Ireland,Spain,Italy, and Portugal, can obtain a sticker visa at border gates (Up to 3 Months).
- Nationels of the Commonwealth of Independent States (except Kazakhestan and Kyrgyzsetan)Hungary,Poland, The Czech Republic, Slovekia, Lithuania, Latvania, Estonia, Georgia, the Federal Republic of Yugoslavia and Taiwan can obtain a sticker visa at border gates (Up to 1 Month).
- Netionals of Albanie and Guatemala can obtain a visa for up to 15 days at border gates. Nationals of Jordan up to 30 days.
- Nationals of all other countries require a visa which can be obtained from the nearest Turkish embasav or consulate.
NOTE: All EU citizens, Swiss, Maltese and citizens of the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus may enter Turkey with the proper Identity cards in lieu of a passport.
Limits: There is no limit on the amount of foreign currency that may be brought in to Turkey, but more than $ 5,000 worth of Turkish currency may be brought in to or taken out of the country.
Exchange slips: The exchange slips for the conversion of foreign currency in to Turkish lira should be kept, since you may be required to show these when reconverting your Turkish lira back in to foreign currency, and when taking souvenirs out of the country (to prove that they have been purchased with legally exchanged foreign currency).
The following items may be brought into the country duty free :
- personal effects of the tourist
- one TV
- one color pocket TV (maximum 16 cm screen)
- one TV-tape-radio combination
- one video recording camera and 5 video cassettes (blank)
- 5 records
- 5 tape cassettes or compact discs
- one video player
- cine-projector (8 mm) and 10 rolls of film (blank)
- one slide projector
- one pocket computer (maximum main memory capacity (RAM 128 KByte)
- electronic playing devices (without cassette - keyboard)
- one transistor radio and portable radio - tapeplayer (its specification to be determined by the Ministry of Finance and Customs)
- one walkman or pocket tape recorder
- one portable compact disc player
- binoculars (one pair, except night binoculars)
- and accordion (only one of each type, maximum 3 musical instruments)
- personal sports equipment
- necessary medical items
- baby buggy
- 200 cigarettes and 50 cigars
- 200 grams of tobacco and 200 cigarette papers
- or 50 grams of chewing tobacco
- or 200 grams of pipe tobacco
- or 200 grams of snuff. (In addition to the above allowances, it is possible to purchase 400 cigarettes, 100 cigars, and 500 grams of pipe tobacco from the Turkish Duty Free Shops upon entering the Country)
- 1.5kg. coffee
- 1.5g. instant coffee
- 500 grams of tea
- 1 kilo chocolate and 1 kilo sweets
- 5(100 cc) or 7(70 cc) bottles of wines and/or spirits
- five bottles of perfume (120 ml max. each)
- one portable typewriter
- one camera with 5 rolls of film
- first aid
- and spare parts for the car
- Other items necessary during the journey